Certification / Compliance
TSO C8e & C88b
Canadian STC (PENDING)
FAA STC (PENDING)
Certified as primary replacement or for secondary use
DO-178B Level C
DC Power Source
Input voltage 6 to 36 VDC
Power consumption 125mA
Load dump tolerance +60V
Direct spike tolerance +/- 60V
Cable spike tolerance > +/- 1KV
Constant operating -20ºC to +55ºC
Short term operating (1hr) -40ºC to +70ºC
Storage -55ºC to +85ºC
Display Units VSI
Feet per Minute
Display Units Standard Pressure Altitude
Accuracy Certified (Exceeds)
SAE AS8016A, AS8003
Sunlight readable LCD
176 X 192 display pixels, 65,535 colors
RS-232 Data Output
1 second per full sequence at 57.6K bps (8/N/2/N)
Interface Connector Electrical
Interface Connector Static Port
Rate of climb or descent
Rate of climb or descent and Standard Pressure Altitude
Standard Gillham Grey Code output to transponder
Performance Specification Statement per AS8003 Section 4.4
a) Entire instrument power requirement is 125mA. The encoder section is capable of sinking (grounding) and maximum of 1.15A of current (115mA X 10 outputs).
b) The encoder shall interface to transponder units for which the following Gillham Grey Code Outputs are acceptable (most Mode C transponder units):
- Each encoder lead is a sink driver that will ground up to a 60V input. Minimum voltage is 3V.
- Each encoder lead will sink a constant current of 115mA. Minimum current requirement is 525uA.
- Maximum ON impedance is less than 3 Ohms.
- Maximum ON (logical â€œ1â€) voltage is 60V. Minimum is 3V.
- Leakage current for (4) above is less than 100nA
- Maximum OFF (logical â€œ0â€) voltage is 0.6V. Minimum is 0.12V.
- Maximum rate of altitude change is 100mS.
- Switching bandwidth is greater than 1,000 kHz.
- Provides standard 10-Bit Code.
Standard 2 1/4″ aircraft mounting hole
2.45” X 2.45” X 0.9”
Dimensions Including Pressure Port
2.45” X 2.45” X 1.725”
Weight (excluding harness)
Black anodized 6061 aluminum
Be the first to review “AEROSPACE LOGIC 2-1/4 ELECTRONIC VERTICAL SPEED INDICATOR 0-6000 FPM WITH ALTITUDE ENCODER”